Hand thrown traditional chai cups, made with traditional throwing and firing techniques. The Indian potter who made these cups is Banay Singh (as photographed). All cups were fired in a small drum kiln, fuelled with small sticks from surrounding trees and saw dust. Based on the traditional chai cup - which is a ‘use and throw’ single use cup, thrown back to the earth after use.
- Pack of 4
- Glazed (sealed) inside and out
- These cups are approx. 100ml
- Each is slightly different, as they are hand thrown and therefore imperfect (in the most perfect way!)
- We use these every day!
- Note: this stock is strictly limited. Indian potters from this project will not return to Australia until 2019.
- Free shipping throughout AU/NZ
The project “Crosshatched” was initiated by Sandra Bowkett (ceramicist) whereby Indian artists come to Australia and work with Australian artists.
Note: These are packaged wiih reused bubble wrap and newspaper. So packing is not “perfect”, but is 100% reused!